Friday, February 5, 2016

Pausing the Muse

It's been nearly four years since this blog was written in and it's time to return to it again.  Sometimes, with writers, there is need to pause the muse. Sometimes life gets in the way, and when it does, the inspiration for writing can weaken and even disappear for awhile.  Because creativity follows the rhythms of life, it needs to be allowed to ebb and flow.  It cannot be forced or pounded into submission, and sometimes the pausing can make the muse stronger.  So it is with renewed strength, tempered by a long pause, that I return to writing with new ideas, new aspirations, and new enthusiasm.  I do hope this blog is helpful to some people at least some of the time.  Over the years, as a writer and teacher of writing, I've picked up a few notions that have been valuable to my writing life and may be valuable to others.  So this blog is the dialogue about those notions and I look forward to the continued conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment